Required University Application Materials (https://gradapply.gsu.edu/apply/):
- Transcript(s): Upload unofficial copies of transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended. The institution logo and your name must be present on the copies. Official transcripts will be required upon acceptance into the program.
- Official TOEFL/IELT Scores (international applicants only): Institutional code 5251 should be used for reporting TOEFL scores.
- Personal/Goal Statement: Please provide a statement of your educational and career goals (be as specific as possible).
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae: Upload within the online Slate application.
- Writing Sample: Provide a scholarly/research paper on a subject in the field of music of a level of intellectual and critical engagement appropriate to graduate-level work.
- Letters of recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. Applicants must enter the names and contact information of the 2 recommenders within the application. An electronic recommendation request will be sent to recommenders, and recommendation letters must be submitted via this request. It is strongly advised that letters of recommendation are completed before the application deadline and are written within the last year. Recommendations submitted after this date are not guaranteed to be reviewed.
- GPA: Students considered for admission into the graduate program generally have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
School of Music Application Materials: Complete the “Start an Application” fields to view your specific application and audition requirements for the School of Music
- Prescreening Audition: Applicants are required to submit a face-to-the-camera conducting video of 10 to 30 minutes in length of one or more recent performances by an ensemble that they have conducted. Upload the video(s) within the Acceptd application.
- Ensemble Repertoire: A list of works rehearsed or conducted, indicating (R) for rehearsed and (C) conducted, in the last 3 years
- Solo Repertoire: A list of works performed on their major instrument at the undergraduate level.
- Experience: Evidence of current employment as an instrumental conductor or access to an appropriate instrument ensemble.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae: Upload within the online Acceptd application.
Applicants must have a Master of Music degree. Applicants without a Master of Music degree will be considered by the graduate committee on a case-by-case basis.