Required University Application Materials (https://gradapply.gsu.edu/apply/):
- Transcript(s): Upload unofficial copies of transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended. The institution logo and your name must be present on the copies. Official transcripts will be required upon acceptance into the program.
- Official TOEFL/IELT Scores (international applicants only): Institutional code 5251 should be used for reporting TOEFL scores.
- Personal Statement: Statement can be up to 500 words in length (approximately 2-pages, double spaced, using 12-point font). Respond to the following prompt: Please discuss your academic and musical goals and your reasons for applying to GSU’s graduate music program.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae: Upload within the online Slate application.
- Writing Sample: Provide a scholarly/research paper on a subject in the field of music of a level of intellectual and critical engagement appropriate to graduate-level work.
- Letters of recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. Applicants must enter the names and contact information of the 2 recommenders within the application. An electronic recommendation request will be sent to recommenders, and recommendation letters must be submitted via this request. It is strongly advised that letters of recommendation are completed before the application deadline and are written within the last year. Recommendations submitted after this date are not guaranteed to be reviewed.
- GPA: Students considered for admission into the graduate program generally have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
School of Music Application Materials (https://app.getacceptd.com/gsu): Complete the “Start an Application” fields to view your specific application and audition requirements for the School of Music
- Prescreening Audition: Applicants are required to submit a prescreening video audition containing at least 20 minutes of rehearsal and/or performance footage. Upload the video(s) within the Acceptd application.
- Personal Statement: Statement can be up to 500 words in length (approximately 2-pages, double spaced, using 12-point font). Respond to the following prompt: Please discuss your academic and musical goals and your reasons for applying to GSU’s graduate music program. Upload within the Acceptd application.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae: Upload within the Acceptd application.
- International applicants: Virtual auditions may be arranged for applicants who cannot travel to the US.
Applicants must have a Master of Music degree or the equivalent. Graduate Assistantships will be determined by both academic success and musical ability.