Graduate Application and Audition Information
Thank you for your interest in the Georgia State University School of Music. All applicants must apply and be accepted to both the University and School of Music. Please follow the steps below to ensure proper handling of your application materials.
- Apply to College of the Arts. This Application is available online.
- Appy to the School of Music. This Application is available online.
- Complete a School of Music audition. Audition days for 2018/2019 are:
Friday, November 2, 2018
Monday, February 18, 2019
Friday, March 8, 2019
Saturday, March 9, 2019 (voice only)
Most programs in the School of Music require an audition for admission. You will choose an audition day on the application. The program in Music Education does not require an audition but does require submission of either GRE or MAT scores. Please note the following:
- Students must audition on the instrument they will study for their degree program
- Auditions typically last 20 – 30 minutes
- You may wish to contact the University Welcome Center to schedule a tour of the Georgia State campus while you are on campus for your audition.
Audition Repertoire and Requirements
Repertoire and requirements for each instrument can be accessed here. Please note that the selections listed represent general suggestions. Pieces of similar styles and level of difficulty may be substituted as appropriate. For questions regarding a specific instrument or repertoire, please contact the appropriate faculty member.
Deadlines for doctoral applications are determined by the College of Education. Ph.D. applications are due March 1 (fall and summer enrollment) and October 15 (spring enrollment). Ed.D. applications are due December 15 (summer enrollment only). All application materials for the Master of Music and non-degree licensure programs must be on file in the appropriate offices by the following dates:
Spring admission: November 15
Summer admission: March 1
Fall admission: June 1