COMPETITION – SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 24th 9 am-2 pm
Open to the students selected from area preliminary competitions
- Adjudicated by a panel from outside the SOM faculty at First Presbyterian Church (9 am) and Kopleff Recital Hall (10:30 am).
- The top students will advance to the Honors Recital Performance. The number of students is determined by the length of performance from each piece. Total minutes of music not to exceed 60.
HONORS RECITAL PERFORMANCE – THURSDAY, MARCH 7th 11:00 AM FLORENCE KOPLEFF RECITAL HALL
- Top performances advance to this round as determined by the outside adjudicators.
- 1st place winner is determined at the competition round by outside adjudicators.
- Prize awarded from the Dean’s office for 1st Place for $500.00 (pending funding)
- Each performer will receive an audio recording of their performance, a video recording, and live-action still photographs in digital format.
Open to ALL applicants
- Each of the following areas can advance a portion of their spring enrollment that is CURRENTLY STUDYING APPLIED MUSIC (not to be confused with lab) as determined by area coordinators.
- Keyboard (including organ)