Greetings, Panther Band Alumni!
As you know, Homecoming and home games this year will look MUCH different. To that end, we will not be able to have an in-person alumni band for Homecoming this year. We do, however, have several things up our sleeves to highlight our outstanding alumni and to create the feeling of having you with us. Here are a few of the things going on…
- A virtual fight song featuring YOU!!! (see details below)
- Feature of alumnus Casey Cooper on drum set with the current Panther Band drum set player Gamaliel Nwachukwu.
- A guest trombone soloist for Georgia On My Mind from across the country—hint it may be from Alaska.
- …maybe a few more things.
To that end, we ask that if you can, please throw on a Georgia State or Panther Band shirt, grab your instrument, pom poms or voice, and record yourself doing the fight song. We will create a virtual version of our alumni performing and show it at halftime. We hope that you will take a second to participate. If you do not have an instrument, no problem…sing the fight song. I promise we will make it sound good, so don’t count yourself out if you’re not up to your playing prowess of days past.
We want to see as many people involved as possible….so Let’s Go, STATE!
Here is the plan:
- Video yourself playing the fight song along with the recording provided at this link (also attached): https://www.dropbox.com/s/vvqtanpqv5sduoi/Virtual%20Fight%20Song%20Back%20Track.mp3?dl=0
- Then upload your video to this link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/kBcsbMmgTX6FFvYnjXjN
It’s that simple.
- Wear headphones and play along with the recording. This will help keep us all in time and give a pitch reference
- Do not point directly at your recording device (for sound purposes) but DO make sure you are in the video all the time.
- Record with your phone HORIZONTAL. So all the perspectives will be the same. (landscape…NOT portrait)
- If you do not have an instrument, sing…we just want to see everyone in the video.
- Wear something GSU in your video…obviously not stuff from other institutions…duh!
- Cheer at the end and I will fade out the cheers…such as:
*NOTE – please take that part seriously, so I can create a fade of cheers.
7. INSTRUMENTATION – We know that some sections (low brass and percussion) may be a little thinner than others. Please participate if you can…ESPECIALLY in these sections.
8. File Upload…please label your file in the following way: Instrument_Last Name_First Name.mp3. This will help us keep them sorted by instrument quickly.
September 28 AT 7PM. I will put this together all week, so please submit as soon as you can. I will not be using any videos that come in after 7:00pm on Monday, September 28th.
I can’t wait to see and hear your videos and hopefully see you at a game this fall.
Let’s Go, State!
Dr. Phillips and Mr. Reid