Upcoming Events SCHOOL OF MUSIC EVENTS CALENDAR »
The School of Music offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in a variety of concentrations. Begin your exploration of our programs by clicking through the options below. No matter your choice, you will receive world-class musical training unparalleled in the Southeastern United States.
The School of Music has many opportunities for you to continue your passion for music, regardless of your major! All courses listed below are open to any Georgia State University Student.
Interested in singing in a choir at GSU in the Fall 2019?
Audition and Vocal Hearing Information:
Vocal Hearing Dates for Women’s Chorus and Choral Union
April 23 and 24.
Sign up for a 5-minute time slot.
NEW MUSIC INDUSTRY PROGRAM
Join the new Music Industry Program! Earn a Bachelor of Science in Music Management. No Audition Required! For more info.
Read More News
- George LewisGeorge E. Lewis is the Edwin H. Case Professor of American Music at Columbia University. A Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and a Corresponding Fellow of the British Academy, Lewis’s other honors include a MacArthur Fellowship (2002), a Guggenheim Fellowship (2015), a United States Artists Walker Fellowship (2011), an Alpert Award in… more »News
- Alumnus Henry Cheng Received an Invitation to Conduct with Cameristi della Scala Henry Cheng received an invitation from the Cameristi della Scala to conduct in January, 2019 in Geneva, Switzerland at Victoria Memorial Hall. The chamber orchestra “Cameristi della Scala”, formed by the musicians of the orchestra of Teatro alla Scala di Milano, was founded in 1982. Cameristi della Scala has performed in many prestigious venues… more »News
- Georgia State Panther Band Performs At Super Bowl LIIIMedia Contact Tony Mangle Director of Communications College of the Arts firstname.lastname@example.org ATLANTA—More than 300 members of the Georgia State Panther Band, including alumni, were cast to march and perform in Sunday’s Pepsi Super Bowl LIII Halftime Show featuring three-time Grammy Award-winning band Maroon 5 and contributing musical artists, including Travis Scott and Big Boi.… more »News
- The United States Marine Band in Hawaii Has a New Addition The School of Music is pleased to announce that Marcus Moore (B.M. ’19) has accepted a full-time position as clarinetist in one of the 10 United States Marine Field Bands. At his audition, the graduating senior impressed the panel of judges to the extent where he was offered a military post of his choice. Moore… more »News
- Professor Patrick Freer Travels to Bogota, Colombia for a Conductor ResidencyThe School of Music faculty continues to connect across the globe, this time in South America where Professor of Music, Patrick K. Freer recently returned from a Conductor in Residence program with the Orquesta Filarmónica de Bogotá (Colombia). The residency incorporated Professor Freer’s research area of working with adolescent boys and their… more »News
- Ph.D. Candidate Steven Anderson Receives the Provost Dissertation Fellowship Congratulations to Ph.D. candidate Steven Anderson who is a recipient of the Provost Dissertation Fellowship. The internal fellowship supports doctoral students from across the university as they complete their dissertations. Steven is completing his doctoral degree in the Teaching and Learning Music Education program. His dissertation, “Stereotype Management Among Black Doctoral Music Students”… more »News