Thank you for your interest in the Georgia State University School of Music. All applicants must apply and be accepted to both the University and School of Music. Please follow the steps below to ensure proper handling of your application materials.
- Apply to Georgia State University. This application is available through the Office of Admissions, online at admissions.gsu.edu or by calling 404-413-2500.
- Complete the online School of Music application.
- Complete a School of Music audition. Audition days for 2017/2018 are:
Friday, November 3, 2017
Monday, February 19, 2018
Saturday, March 3, 2018 (voice only)
Monday, March 5, 2018
You will choose an audition day on the application. All programs in the School of Music require an audition for admission including music management and music technology. Please note the following:
- Students must audition on the instrument they will study for their degree program
- Auditions typically last 10 – 20 minutes
- Repertoire and requirements for each instrument can be accessed here. Please note that the selections listed represent general suggestions. Pieces of similar styles and level of difficulty may be substituted as appropriate. For questions regarding a specific instrument or repertoire, please contact the appropriate faculty member.
- You may wish to contact the University Welcome Center to schedule a tour of the Georgia State campus while you are on campus for your audition.